Essay on Importance of Books in our life: Books are of great importance in our daily life. Reading books gives us immense knowledge about the outside world. When we develop a healthy habit of reading booksonly then we realize the significant value of books in our life. According to a well-known writer, Stephen king, “Books are a uniquely portable magic”, which can bring joy to our life.
Significance of Books In Our Life
1. Books are our best friends
Friends are the important part of our life. We cannot imagine our life without the companionship of a good friend. Life is much more fun when we have Books as our Friend. A good book as a friend can make you a successful person in your life.
2. Books tell us about our History
The Importance of books in our life can be observed from our history where our ancient people used to carve their imagination onto the books So that future generation can be a part of their imagination. While reading through the history books, we can get knowledge about our ancestors.
3. Books teach us positive values
Books play a significant role in nourishing the moral values of human beings. The books written by saints and famous people teaches us about the right moral values of becoming a good human being.
4. Books make us Intelligent
There are so many scientific proves which states, books played an important role in the growth of mankind. From memory boost to the treatment of Dyslexia, the importance of books in our life can be seen in every aspect of day-to-day life.
5. Reading Books is a good stress reliever
If you had a rough day? or if your day was full of stress? You don’t have to worry, reading books for half an hour of your favorite genre with a coffee can be a good stress reliever.
6. Self-help Books Increase self-confidence
If you are continuously doubting your own strengths and feeling shattered, self-help books can make you feel inspired and motivated. Books like ‘dying to Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing’ and ‘Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead’ can increase your confidence level.
7. Books Increase Imagination Power
Books like harry potter and Cinderella make us dream, dream about the beautiful world far from the harsh realities of life. Books are the real treasure of childhood for every kid. Books play an important role in our childhood life.
8. Books Teach Us to Love
Love can be learned from books. Books written on the subject of love teaches you the priceless value of relation that too in itself is one of the great importance of books on one’s life.
9. Books Makes You A Great Businessman
Do you know how Steve jobs became the co-founder of a Billionaire company? Do you know how bill gates became the tycoon of the software industry? We can read about all of these things in the books and enriched ourselves with the thought process and strategies of great minds of the century.
10. Books Teach Us About Spirituality
We can read many good things about religious beliefs, traditions, thoughts and spirituality within the books. The important thing about books is that it stores the valuable words of even the dead ones.
11. Books are the library of information
If you love to read books then you are automatically counted in one of the members of the well-educated class. You can grab an infinite amount of knowledge from the books.
Good Thoughts On Importance of Books in our life
- Moral Values
- History Restoration
- Love and Respect
- Good Friends
- Self-help Books
- Boost Memory
Are you the follower of books? Do you have any importance of books to share with us? If yes, then please do write us in comments.
Writer | Entrepreneur | Engineer | Visionary | Environmentalist. Steal a word out of each day, and eventually you end up having your story.
Books play a significant role in our life. They say that “When you open a book, you open a new world”. I believe that everyone would agree with this statement as books have become inevitable to mankind. For the majority of people, books are part of their everyday life. A book is like a best friend who will never walk away from you.
Books are packed with knowledge, insights into a happy life, life lessons, love, fear, prayer and helpful advice. One can read about anything under the sun. Books have been here for centuries and without them today’s knowledge of our past ancestors, cultures and civilizations would have been impossible. Have you ever thought what would have happened if intellectuals never documented their studies?
On the 23rd of April the world celebrates the World Book Day. This day is a celebration of authors, illustrators, books and most importantly reading. The main aim of the World Book Day is to encourage children to the pleasures of books and reading. The reason for choosing this particular date is interesting. The 23rd of April is a symbolic date for world literature because it is the date of death for many great authors and poets such as William Shakespeare, Miguel de Cervantes, William Wordsworth and many others.
In my opinion reading is the perfect hobby and I am sure that a lot of people would agree. There are a lot of wonderful reasons why reading is important. Here are a few reasons why you should consider reading a book:
- To expose yourself to new thing: Through reading, you expose yourself to new things, new information, new ideas, new ways to solve a problem, and new ways to achieve a goal. Reading might help you discover hobbies or exploring things you didn’t know you like. Exploration begins from reading and understanding.
- To improve oneself: Reading helps you understand the world more. Through it, you begin to have a better understanding on a topic that interest you. Self-improvement start from reading, through reading you have a better understanding and better decisions to take in the future.
- To improve your understanding: The more you read the more you understand things completely and helps you find the truth about something. Through reading you learn more about society and how to adapt in it.
- To improve your imagination: You are limited by what you can imagine, all the worlds described in books as well as views and opinions by other people, will help you expand your understanding of what is possible.
- To reduce stress: Studies show that reading reduces stress. The participants in this study only needed to read silently for a few minutes to slow down the heart and ease tension in the muscles.
- To improve your memory: When you read you have more to think. Reading gives you a unique pause button for understanding and insight. The benefits of this increased activity helps to keep the memory sharp and the learning capacity agile.
- To entertain oneself: Reading has an entertainment value. Reading is not only fun, but it has all the added benefits that we discussed so far. A good book can keep you entertained while developing life skills.
A book communicates knowledge, and not only knowledge but wisdom of all kinds. They say that “The more you read, the more well-read you are”. In simple terms what this means is that the more you read the more exposed you are, your attitudes, your ideas and your imagination changes. I believe that my personality, behaviour, ideas and knowledge are all built on the books I have read. Nothing can add to our intellect more than reading a book.